I don’t know about you, but when someone says out Cheese it’s enough to get my attention and What? Where? kind of interest. So if you are a bit like me here are the answers: What? – Cheesy garlic bread. Where? – Right here, just scroll down for the full recipe and check out in the video how divinely cheesy it looks like when is ready.
What do you need:
- 1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- Garlic Butter 100g /3.5oz / 7 tbsp unsalted butter,
- softened 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
What to do?
For the strat:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Stir through parsley.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1″ diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter mixture you’ve made and a pinch of cheese. You don’t have to be super precise and neat, some of the mixture and cheese over the bread is even desirable.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes. By that time the cheese has mostly melted.
- Unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
Share this divine Cheesy garlic bread experience with your friends so more people can enjoy it!
Also On The Awesome Daily