Keto Matcha Green Tea:
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Keto Matcha Green Tea Ingredients
1 cup of filtered hot water
½ tsp matcha green tea or 1-2 tea bags
1 tsp of coconut oil
½ tsp of grass-fed butter or ghee
2 tbsps of organic full-fat coconut milk
¼ – ½ tsp of vanilla
Stevia to taste
1/2 – 1 scoop of Pure or Vanilla flavored Bone Broth Protein
Keto Matcha Green Tea Instructions
- In a small saucepan, bring water and coconut milk to a slight boil.
- Add in matcha tea and sweetener and stir until fully mixed.
- Add coconut oil, butter, bone broth protein and tea to a blender and blend for 30 sec- 1 min, until creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- In a pan, bring water to a boil. Place tea bags in and let stand for 5 min.
- Remove tea bags and add coconut milk and sweetener and bring to a slight boil.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
- Bring 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup water to a slight boil. Add matcha green tea, bone broth protein and sweetener and stir until well combined. Then whisk until frothy OR place in blender and blend until frothy.
There are numerous ways to make a delicious bullet proof latte… try one of these combinations!
- Just use 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk instead of coconut oil and butter
- Use the combination of coconut oil to butter that you find you come to like. I like having a tablespoon total of a mixture of both with a splash of coconut milk…I really don’t measure though;)
- You can use green tea bags or matcha green tea powder (we have a link at the top).
- Sweeten to your taste. Most of the time I do not sweeten with anything. Sometimes I use stevia, or a tiny bit of raw honey if I want a treat before bed. Do what works for you!
- You can add in some bone broth protein or collagen peptides for good collagen protein and to make this a true meal replacement.
- Heck, you don’t even have to use green tea! I also love doing this with chi tea and other black teas.
Dr Jockers Comments:
I am a huge fan of doing a fat burning coffee recipe in the morning to get your body burning fat and producing ketones. For those that do not do well with coffee…this keto matcha green tea has all the same benefits and even more anti-oxidant and cancer fighting potential!
Green tea is rich in the polyphenol anti-oxidant catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). This anti-oxidant is thought by most to be responsible for the health benefits linked to green tea consumption.
ECGC is considered to be one hundred times more potent than vitamin C and twenty-four times stronger than vitamin E. The powerful ability to scavenge free radicals makes green tea one of the best anti-aging herbs. ECGC is one of a handful of unique anti-oxidants that has shown an ability to influence mutant DNA formations to potential reverse chronic disease states.
Green tea contains caffeine but it is less than half of that found in coffee. The amount of caffeine found in green tea really varies depending upon the amount of tea used, the brand and the quality. The first infusion of green tea leaves is the highest quality and has the most amount of caffeine.
It is extremely important to get organic green tea as the conventional may be highly sprayed with toxic pesticides and herbicides. Many coffee shops and big companies carry green tea that is commercially produced and contains an abundance of environmental toxins. This is not healthy and should be avoided.
Pregnant women and newborns shouldn’t drink large amounts of green tea as its ability to bind to DHFR may increase the risk of folate deficiencies in the newborn and increase the risk of spina bifida or other neural tube disorders.
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 14,990.00
- Price: INR 9,890.00Was: INR 12,090.00
- Price: INR 6,800.00Was: INR 6,990.00
- Price: INR 5,075.00Was: INR 7,395.00
- American Micronic 36 Liters Imported Oven Toaster Griller with Baking Tray, Wire Rack, Tong & Crumb tray - AMI-OTG-36LDx (220V AC, 2000W)Price: INR 6,880.00Was: INR 7,990.00
- Price: INR 4,899.00Was: INR 5,490.00
- Price: INR 5,490.00Was: INR 6,100.00