Karpooradi Thailam (also known as Karpooradi Oil or Karpuradi Tailam) is an ayurvedic massage oil used for reducing cramps, pain, stiffness, and numbness. It contains Camphor (Cinnamomum Camphora) and sesame oil. A gentle massage with Karpooradi Oil is helpful in cases of muscle cramps, general body ache occurring along with stiffness, joint pain, neck pain, the stiffness of joints, and chest congestion.
- Camphor (Cinnamomum Camphora) – Camphor collected from Camphor Tree.
- Sesame oil *
* Some manufacturers also use coconut oil as a base instead of sesame oil.
- Karpooradi Thailam (Sesame Oil): It is more beneficial in pain disorders.
- Karpooradi Thailam (Coconut Oil): It is more useful in skin diseases. It reduces itching, skin irritation and burning sensation.
Karpooradi Thailam has following medicinal properties.
- Antipruritic (coconut oil based Karpooradi Oil)
A local application of Karpuradi tailam is helpful in following health conditions.
Sesame Oil based Karpooradi Oil
- Muscle spasm
- Rheumatoid arthritis-related joint pain
- Joint stiffness
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chest congestion
Coconut oil based Karpooradi Oil
- Pruritus or Itching
- Skin irritation
- Skin diseases
- Nail fungus
- Cracked heels
- Skin Rashes
- Bacterial or fungal skin infections
- Scalp itching
Karpooradi Oil Benefits & Uses
Karpooradi Oil acts as anti-neuralgic, antiseptic and soothing agent for nerves. Its local application provides good results in pain relief. Coconut oil based Karpooradi Oil is best for skin diseases in which patient has itching along with burning sensation.
Karpuradi tailam is commonly recommended as a massage oil for relieving pain. It eases muscle tension and reduces local inflammation.
It reduces all types of inflammation. It reduces swelling, pain, and stiffness of the affected part.
It has a unique aroma and acts as a decongestant. It reduces nasal and chest congestion when applied on the chest.
Karpooradi Thailam alleviates skin irritation, itching, and burning sensation. It soothes the nerve endings and produces a soothing effect on the skin, which ultimately helps to reduce itching and irritation.
How to Use Karpooradi Thailam
Take a few drops of Karpooradi Oil and apply it on affected joints or affected part of the skin. Leave it for several hours or overnight. It should be used 2 to 3 times a day.
In ayurveda, Swedana (fomentation therapy) is advised after getting a therapeutic massage with Karpooradi tail for getting relief from pain and stiffness.
The external application of Karpooradi Oil is likely safe. However, it should not be taken internally.
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 14,990.00
- Price: INR 9,890.00Was: INR 12,090.00
- Price: INR 6,800.00Was: INR 6,990.00
- Price: INR 5,075.00Was: INR 7,395.00
- American Micronic 36 Liters Imported Oven Toaster Griller with Baking Tray, Wire Rack, Tong & Crumb tray - AMI-OTG-36LDx (220V AC, 2000W)Price: INR 6,880.00Was: INR 7,990.00
- Price: INR 4,899.00Was: INR 5,490.00
- Price: INR 5,490.00Was: INR 6,100.00